TDA1554Q Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!
I have TDA1554Q in my hand. Lets start to build it as 12v amp. I have both metal film and polyster capacitors of value 220nf for input and ceramic and metal filim for decuopling. The diagramme is here. Any suggestion.

Attachments

• TDA1554Q.jpg
    TDA1554Q.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 337
a little bit different scheme, but similar: (I've no drawing tool at now)
Making-22W-Power-Amplifier-using-TDA1554.gif

R1 = 33k (with 22k I'm still hear thumb)
C4 = 47uF
C3 = 470uF
C6 = 4700uF
input Ground and pin #3 were separated with 4R7 from the main Gnd (pin #7 and #11)

on my pic, you might be wondering why there is a lot of resistor arround the input (and two jumper). at the time I design the layout, I'm just thinking about the flexibility of the amp to be used as single-ended / bridged nor bridge-parallel(if possible) with additional component in the output line.

the sound is good, the guitar seems moore "fat" than my LM1875, although not as clean as LM1875. Bass is also tight.

sorry for the PCB, it's a hand made (you can see it from the silk and the text :p).

regards,

The important thing is...

to have a hefty power supply. 12Volts at 5 Amps according to the spec sheet. I've got one from a BA745 I found in the someone's trash but I haven't done anything with it. But I think I will build it as a 4 channel amp. And its a good idea to have a hefty heatsink as well.

to have a hefty power supply. 12Volts at 5 Amps according to the spec sheet. I've got one from a BA745 I found in the someone's trash but I haven't done anything with it. But I think I will build it as a 4 channel amp. And its a good idea to have a hefty heatsink as well.

Currently i am using 12 volt at 300mA just for testing it and heatsink is not attached. I am just turning on it. no input signal provided just 4 ohm 4 inch speaker connected.

OK pin no.3 and pin no. ? should be connect with 4.7 ohm resistance. input ground is pin no. ? and can i connect pin no.4 with 470uf 16v
:confused:
I mean pin #3 is the signal(input) gnd in the chip, while the input Gnd is the Gnd where your signal came in (like from input connector which is isolated from the chasis).

you don't have to connect signal Gnd and main(power) Gnd via 4r7. but those resistor will help (a little bit) to give the signal line cleaner grounding.

yes you can use a 16V rating cap for pin #4, its only 1/2 the supply voltage.

sorry for my bad English
:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.