Is Marlin P. Jones Cloneing around?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I got home this afternoon and checked the mail, my glossy new Marlin P. Jones catalogue had arrived. Immediately my body prepared to pump out some endorphins as I sat down on the couch skimming for that perfect bargain, geeky nirvana.

I hadn’t even opened the cover when I spotted the little pink box in the lower right corner:
“25 Watt Mono Amplifier Kit”

LM1875IC, a handful of caps and resistors, and a PC board. $9.95
Heat sink and Power supply not included
Stock # 6050-KT

Not a lot of information available on the web site, no picture, but they did offer this description:

“ Kit uses the National LM1875 IC and contains the essential components to build a Hi-Fi mono amplifier. Delivers 20W RMS into 8 ohms @ .015% THD (25W Max) A heatsink with a thermal resistance of 1.4 deg C/W is required& must be supplied by you. The IC contains thermal & short circuit protection .Requires +& - 25V supplies. L: 2-1/8" W: 2" H: 1" WT: .1”

Has any one else seen this or tried the kit? For ten bucks they cant be great caps, but this might not be a bad place for a person teetering on the edge of gain-cloning to start.

The catolog photo is a little small, and the components are loaded, but yes, I think it might be the same.

Attachments

• gainc2.jpg
    gainc2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 244
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.