How to put a headphone jack in your circuit ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can connect headphones to a single end of the speaker outputs rather than using the bridged output. This is necessary since the headphones require a common ground.

Try the following. I'd start with the Resistors at about 120 ohm, and the Capacitors of 100 uF. Tweak the values if you want. Use polarized capacitors since they will have DC across them. Be careful of the volume of the output, you don't want to blow your headphones - or your ears. You can increase the R to reduce volume, but that will also affect the sound. Headphones are (supposed to be) designed to have a 120 ohm resistance in series (see IEC 61938).

Attachments

• phones.PNG
    phones.PNG
    20.9 KB · Views: 228
You can connect headphones to a single end of the speaker outputs rather than using the bridged output. This is necessary since the headphones require a common ground.

Try the following. I'd start with the Resistors at about 120 ohm, and the Capacitors of 100 uF. Tweak the values if you want. Use polarized capacitors since they will have DC across them. Be careful of the volume of the output, you don't want to blow your headphones - or your ears. You can increase the R to reduce volume, but that will also affect the sound. Headphones are (supposed to be) designed to have a 120 ohm resistance in series (see IEC 61938).

Thank you SO much ! I love you man :D

Oh, and by the way, should ground on the headphone jack be connected to signal ground or power ground ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.