Is my Gainclone legit? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2003, 05:05 PM   #31
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
if the goal is to minimize DC offset which is caused by the bias current on the input, wouldn't it be natural to ground the non-inverting input with a resistor of the same value as you have on the inverting input?
Yes, that's exactly what I have done. But Ron Clarke chose to use a trimmer instead. Carlos questioned using a 500K and I was just pointing out, that is what is required when using the single resistor to ground instead of resistors to ground from both inputs.

The point is, anyone new to building a GC who reads that you can use a 50K trimmer to get zero offset, and who has not used a resistor from non-inverting input (pin 8) to ground, will not be able to achieve 0mV.
Old 14th July 2003, 06:03 PM   #32
ronc is offline ronc  United States
diyAudio Member

I would go back and measure the resistance , but i always pot the finished and run in amp section in silicone.Helps keep the wires in place and kill some resonance (i think?).
ron
(hardest thing you can do is to make something simple) Old ME college prof.
Old 31st July 2003, 12:06 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
How would one go about implementing a volume control into this design? Im still after a simple circuit but with a volume control. Would i just need to change one of the resistors to a 50k ohm pot or something?

Cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!