another noob GC up 'n' runnin' - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd July 2003, 01:35 PM   #11
Banned

Send a message via MSN to SkinnyBoy
I gotta make me a gainclone.... lol How essential are fuses and filter caps? I am GOING to (don't argue with me please) build this into a TINY case with really small heatsink and fairly low rails.. (about +-16v I think) with the transformer exernal, the bridge will however be internal, and I am not sure if I will have enough space for caps and fuses... lol perhaps I should just scrap the volume control and mount the fuse holders on the front of the case.. lol anyway... keep up the good work timmy... tell us when its finished..
Old 3rd July 2003, 05:07 PM   #12
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I gotta make me a gainclone.... lol How essential are fuses and filter caps? I am GOING to (don't argue with me please) build this into a TINY case with really small heatsink and fairly low rails.. (about +-16v I think) with the transformer exernal, the bridge will however be internal, and I am not sure if I will have enough space for caps and fuses... lol perhaps I should just scrap the volume control and mount the fuse holders on the front of the case
If you use a torroidal transformer in a square box, you'll have heaps of room for your fuses and bridge!
Old 4th July 2003, 12:13 AM   #13
Banned

Send a message via MSN to SkinnyBoy
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuuk

If you use a torroidal transformer in a square box, you'll have heaps of room for your fuses and bridge!

Not using a toroidal.. using a transformer I already have.... sortof a plugpack.... but bigger.. 2 * 11.5v AC output... at a few amps.. (can't remember...) I could pull it apart and see if I can fit a bridge inside... but it has triangular screws.. lol
Old 4th July 2003, 08:23 AM   #14
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Not using a toroidal.. using a transformer I already have.... sortof a plugpack
If that's something that you bought, I would be very surprised if it hasn't already got it's own fuses(s)!

Hide this!Advertise here!