500 watt amp build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using 2 stk 4048xi modules for the left and right channels and 1 stk 4050v for the sub output. I have 2 transformers,one has 47-0-47 ac output and 66-0-66 vdc after the caps the other one is 34-0-34 ac output and 48-0-48 after the caps. My question is should i use the higher voltage tranny to power up the 4048's they will be driving 16 ohm loads {2 bose 301's per channel} and use the lower voltage tranny to power up the 4050 {1 12 inch 4 ohm 175 watt rms sub} yes 4 ohm! Sound workable?? and what can i expect for power out from the 4050 at 48-0-48 and 4 ohms?? the boards are built and i would like to build the power supplies! thanks for any help in this matter i would like to hear from anyone with experience powering up these sanyo modules!

I think you have the idea. I didn't compute numbers, but with an easy load you can max out the input voltage. I have only used the 4050, and one channel blew, after years
of a heavy load in a disco type setting. I think a woofer coil shorted. otherwise
it would still be working. I got some which I don't know if I'm going to use.
I liked to sand the metal smooth, but its hard finding a flat surface.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.