In need of a lrage heatsink for my chip amp, any ideas where to get one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For my design of an enclosure which will be custom the heatsinks will make up the sides and then the top, bottom, front and back panels will be attached to them. The problem is I haven't been able to find any heatsinks the right size in the UK for a reasonable price. I need it in the style of the image below but need it 260mm long, 75mm high and 30mm thick, I don't want the extra ridges on the fins though and would prefer it in black. I also need it from the UK or europe at least.

zeus-heatsink-sk158-1a.jpg

Thanks
Boscoe

Boscoe -Oh you absolutly have to have it in UK or europe? Ill bet shipping won't be that bad. There is a guy who advertises in the manufacturers section of this froum HeatsinkUSA, llc . Now I haven't had any dealings with him, but it's a place to start. How much from vendors out your way, what does a thing like that cost? Do you have an idea what the weight would be?

That pic looks similar to a 200*100*50 heatsink I have. It is about 0.55C/W

That is very big for a chipamp.

Your 260*75*30 proposal is also very big for a chipamp.

What size does National say you should use for your implementation?

I recommend doubling National's guide figure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.