testing transistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all i am new to amp diy etc so trying to fix a few amps i use an atlas semiconductor to test transistors etc but my latest project has
philips TDA1514A where i would expect to see the output transistors they have 9 pins not the 3 i am used to testing
can anyone point me in the right direction to how i go about testing these
thanks

mark..

TDA1514A is an IC, not a transistor. If its blowing a fuse, than it is probably gone bad. If it's not working, get the data sheet and check voltages. There is no transistor test. Except for shorts between pins, there is no simple way to test out of circuit. Good Luck

Hi ok
i was testing for voltages on pins black probe of dmm on chassis was not really getting very good readings when a bit of a pop smoke and 2 blown fuses dont know if i shorted 2 pins or not (i was being very careful i thought)
But looking at amp it seems much more simple than others i have succesfully repaired it seems the mains power go,s to transformer but i cant see what changes the voltage to dc no bridge rectifiers
i will try and post a photo ..A1.JPG - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Last edited:
here we go .

A1 (1632 x 920).jpg

I remember an amplifier I built with those Philips ICs ,as per datasheet .PSU was given by a 19+19 V ,60 W trafo (a little bit underpowered ).
The sound was standard ,having some roughness around 700Hz-1 KHz which made me dislike them .
Remember that the back is connected to V+ (or V- :confused:) which may
be a killer if heatsink is grounded and the ICs not isolated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.