Tda7294 again .!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI,
I intend to build this circuit for my stereo amp. each channel will consist of 2 tda7294 in bridge mode all i need is pretty pcb for this circuit-or i`ll have to build it on general purpose board..lool- & any one have any comment or modification about the circuit i am glad to hear it...
I will use 24-0-24 10 amp. transformer
2 * 8 ohm speakers
and this circuit for tone control
THNX,,,,

Attachments

• 150W-power-amplifier.gif
    150W-power-amplifier.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 725
  • DIY Chip Stereo Pre-amp Op-Amp Single Supply Bass Treble Tone Control Volume IC TDA1524 Circuit.gif
    DIY Chip Stereo Pre-amp Op-Amp Single Supply Bass Treble Tone Control Volume IC TDA1524 Circuit.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 721
Joined 2002
Paid Member
24 Volt transformers will result in rails of about 33-35V depending on mains voltage. You risk frying the chips with that voltage and that load. For 25V rails I would use 18 or 19V transformer.

Using a single resistor to bridge the chips will work, but I don't know that it is ideal in terms of performance. It might be worthwhile to explore a dedicated balanced line driver chip or use the second amplifier in inverting mode with a few suitable modifications in the gain resistors.

Good Luck.

use a 18V transformer, better for the chip :p
and design a neat PCB for it, a good amp deserves it imho
but TDA7294 amplifiers are very good, i personally like them more then the normal lm3886.
but for power supply, a good 2 * 18V transformer, 225VA per channel, and 20.000uF per channel for capasitors.
now build it and be amazed :D

I just have question about the power supply, does 2x22v transformer will effect the chip as sangram mention above?:scratch2:
I want to build two PCB one single TDA and the other one is bridge 2xTDA. if I want to use power supply for both is it good to keep each one with own power supply or its better to use power supply for both "bridge and single TDA's"?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.