play around small chips(tea2025 btl)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i made tea2025 connected in btl,2 x 5W chipamp.very low cost & sound sweet.

have fun:)
-zang

Attachments

• tea2025btl-top.jpg
    tea2025btl-top.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 401
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 381
  • details.jpg
    details.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 384
I got one of those plastic computer drive bay amps. It had two corny speakers like 2" apart and a headphone jack. It fits into an optical bay. I took it apart out of curiosity. They exhibited a hum when I used the headphone jack. I discarded the swiveling box, speakers and kept the circuit board and cords. The chip inside is a tea2025b STEREO AUDIO AMPLIFIER. Weird thing, the silkscreen on the board said for 12v input.
The power cord with the molex connector was wired to deliver only 5v.
So I look up the specs on the chip and it said it needs a minimum of 3v and a max of 12v. So whoever made this amp was cutting it really close. No wonder it sounded bad.
When I tried it again without the speakers wired in, there was no hum out of the headphone jack and the quality was excellent. I would recommend making a nice headphone amp with a nice aluminum project box, a circuit with the above mentioned chip, and for a happy medium; run it on 9v with 6 AA batteries.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.