LM3886 & low impeadence loads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm running a set of low impedance speakers with my LM3886 chipamp :) power supply has a 20vac dual secondary transformer.

The amp doesn't break a sweat even with the speakers dipping to impedance lows of 3 ohms. I must say I was rather concerned that the chipamp wouldn't cope but it has done so with ease.

Below is the impedance plot of the speakers, the crossover has evolved somewhat since the first measurements which showed dips on both sides of the impedance peak to 2.7 ohms, now roughly 3 ohms.

Tony.

Attachments

• all_impedance.png
    all_impedance.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 275
I am not too good at DIY projects with complexity such as amps. Is there anybody who makes fully assembled gainclone amps for sale as a hobby? Tim Rawson used to do that on Audiogon but it seems he no longer is active. I also have TEAC AL700P amp that I want to get modded but can't seem to find anybody who does the mods anymore.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.