SMSL SA-36 funnies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

Bought one of these T-Amps from eBay (Indeed hifi), it arrived in due course and I connected it to a regulated PSU. First time it turned on, the relays clicked closed, no problems, LED came on.

Now, when I turn it on, there's no relay click and the LED is pulsing. Not on/off, but dim/bright. I've a good mind of diving in there if I can get the case open. Anyone elses' behave weirdly like this? I'm thinking it might be a lack of output capacitance on the PSU, too much ripple or something.

<<EDIT>> Broke out the multimeter. Seems the wee regulated supply has gone AWOL. 24V AC on the output line, and the DC voltage is hopping between 11.3 and 11.5. Cooked output cap methinks!

L

Last edited:
Hello forum !
Hereby another question of the SMSL /TA2021.
I am satisfied with it, exept that it gives too much low bass ! And of course there is no tone control ..
How kan I add a filter and cut some of the lowest output frequency ? Or may it be done on a potmeter already present inside ?
Can the data sheet be a guide ?

Thanks for any help. moghoe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.