Assembled chip amp board with high SQ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am quite new to diy HiFi... I am looking for a great sounding assembled chip amp board - preferably with LM4780 but not necessarily. If there is no other way, I can start even with a kit and solder components myself but I prefer finished board, if possible.
I want to use it with 8 ohm floorstanders (which cost about $2000) so I need the board to be reliable - I do not want to damage the speakers by failure of a cheap amp board. So some protections (like against DC on speaker outpts etc.) are welcome on the board. But SQ is my highest priority.
I do not need much volume, I prefer low or medium volume levels.
I will appreciate your suggestions...
Thanks!

Bite the bullet and have a go at building one... Soldering is a little fiddly, but not over difficult.

The 4780 is my first and only build upto now. It was also my first ever time soldering. If I can do it... ANYONE can. If I pick up a tool, it usualy means i'm gonna break something.

As for sound quality.. Awsome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.