TDA7377 Opinions Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking of building a little practice amp while I aquire parts for a gainclone project. I am leaning towards this little TDA7377 that I have.

Though the TDA7377 is technicaly a car amp I scavenged it from a PC speaker set, an Altec Lansing 2.1. It was a very nice sounding set for the money. Really there was nothing wrong with it, I just take apart pretty much everthing I own. lol. I am literaly typing this surrounded in what looks like a scrap heap. Awesome.

I bought the set after recomondation from the salesman at Future Shop, I tested it against a few others, hands down it sounded better than the ones 3 times the price. I was surprised because it had these funny down-firing speakers and I never expected much from a little sub. Maybe it was just this particular model because I recomended Altec to my Uncle when he was buying PC speakers however the suround/subwoofer set he bought did not sound as good.

I would love it if you guys had a peek at this Datasheet, maybe give me some feedback, advice or opinions.

I assume this would work with 8 ohm speakers at a reduced volume?
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/82979/STMICROELECTRONICS/TDA7377.html

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.