diyAudio (
-   Chip Amps (
-   -   How to bridge a HK amplifier ?? (

sttsll75 1st April 2010 01:08 PM

How to bridge a HK amplifier ??

Please forgive me if this is the worng forum, Ihave lookt around but couldnet find any better.

I want to build a new sub, I will use my sub-out from my 6.1 amplifyer (will cut at 90Hz). I will however need an amplifyer to this, as the sub-out are low-level. I have an old HK amplifyer I want to use to somthing, it is an quite old 2channel amplifyer. Is it someway I can bridge the two channels into one?

My initial ide was;
low level from 6.1 amp -> splitt to two signals (L&R) -> L&R input to 2ch amp -> speaker output to sub (+R & -L), but is it even possible to to like this? i am new to the electronics of amps...

BR / T

ryan750 2nd April 2010 07:04 AM

hi there, is your amp capable of driving lower loads. Ff you don't still have the sub, try to look for the one that comes with 2 voice coil, you should be able to power each voice coil with each channel of your stereo amp

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2