Inverted composite headphone amp schem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My headphone amp sounds really nice...:)

Attachments

• invcomposite.jpg
    invcomposite.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 194
My headphone amp sounds really nice...:)

AD811s have blistering speed and lots of output current capacity. I used them for video amplifiers in High Definition film to video gear. You can run them non-inverting but you can never treat tham as voltage feedback amplifiers as they always need a feedback resistor to control the response. I've never tried them for audio but I don't doubt your results. I can't imagine you having any slewing induced distortion issues with 2500 V / uS !

looks good. in spite of it's age, i still like the ad811 also.
hope you've got a heat sink on him, running at 15 volts :eek: they idle hot.
depending on your headphones, you can reduce the value of the output resistor too.
my headphones are low impedance and sound better with an output resistor between 30 to 60 ohms.

mlloyd1

No build yet still in breadboard,still tweaking it at moment will post final schem when finished.I'm going to use the lme49713ha CFB opamp in place of ad811 CFB opamp its supposed to sound better.Ye needs little heatsink on ad811 when running at +-15v.Its an inverted Walt Jung composite opamp line driver.Lots of good info on Walts site Home:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.