Any opinions on this ebay TA2020 board by seller auspicious.e? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2010, 06:46 PM   #1
nkx1 is offline nkx1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Any opinions on this ebay TA2020 board by seller auspicious.e?

I was wondering if anyone might have any experience with this seller, and/or has an opinion on the quality of the setup based on the picture...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3tb_100126155901besj198818[1].jpg (79.7 KB, 275 views)
Old 4th March 2010, 08:26 PM   #2
defect9 is offline defect9  Ireland
diyAudio Member

No experience personally with that seller. for a TA2020, the word i hear on the street (this forum) is that Arjen Helder makes some of the best ebay tripaths. he also sells some of the TA2024, so double check what you order

eBay Store - arjenhelder electronic: Finished PCB Boards, Fully Finished Amplifiers, All Connectors
Old 4th March 2010, 09:05 PM   #3
nkx1 is offline nkx1  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defect9 View Post
No experience personally with that seller. for a TA2020, the word i hear on the street (this forum) is that Arjen Helder makes some of the best ebay tripaths. he also sells some of the TA2024, so double check what you order

eBay Store - arjenhelder electronic: Finished PCB Boards, Fully Finished Amplifiers, All Connectors
Thanks for the reply; yeah, I was trying to decide between the amp I pictured and the MKIII one by Arjen. The things I like about the pictured amp is that it already comes with the volume pot and DC input plug attached (less work to do). I'm just wondering if things like the air-core inductors on the pictured vs. solid core on Arjen's model make a big difference, etc.

Yes, I'll ensure I order the right one... I already have the Dayton DTA-1 (ta2024), and was curious to hear the difference in sound.

Last edited by nkx1; 4th March 2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Beftus is offline Beftus  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Heatsink fins are orientated the wrong way round. I hope it doesn't get hot in use, because it isn't very effective now.
Old 5th March 2010, 02:52 AM   #5
Mikett is offline Mikett  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beftus View Post
Heatsink fins are orientated the wrong way round. I hope it doesn't get hot in use, because it isn't very effective now.
If you place the board standing on its side, the fins are OK. Thus placing it in a slim vertical stand like an external HD case would be good. Don't know if the design itself is good though.

Hide this!Advertise here!