2.1 system for a pc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey im thinking of building a 2.1 system for my computer just for music and a few movies. Ive never done this and dont really know where to start. Ive seen a lot of circuit for different LM chips but im not sure if i need to amplify the signal from my computer then send it to the crossover or the other way around? and would it be worth it to put an equalizer in there too, and if so where in the setup would that go? Thanks in advance.

Dear jgelderloos,

I think you should first decide to what power level you will need... 10w? 1w? 100w????
The second step is; do you already have some speaker drivers for that project? If not then you will buy two satellites and one subwoofer and of course you must decide dependent to your power level choice..
The third and the latest step is the amplifier and crossover filter stages..
If you can inform me/us about the first two questions then I can help you more..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.