Stay with current trafo or add another one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently running my LM3875 gainclone on small 42VCT 80VA trafo (one trafo and one PSU board). Would I benefit on adding another 42VCT 80VA trafo and additional PSU board to have one trafo for each amp board?

Or should I just go with another trafo all together. I also have dual 21.5V 2.7A available.

Thanks.

Hi,
you asked about adding a second transformer and PSU to your chipamp.
I presumed you had two channels on the original PSU, since you stated one transformer and one PSU.

My reply suggests separating the two channels and powering each channel as a monoblock.

If you only have one channel, then I think simply doubling up the PSU components will be a waste of resource.

Thanks for explanation Andrew. Yes, currently I have two channels, one PSU and one trafo. I will add another trafo and PSU board.

What's the amp wattage is going to be with 21V 80VA supply for each channel with my LM3875?

There is a table on the data sheet "Output Power vs Supply Voltage".

It depends on the speaker impedance.

You will need to figure out what your voltage will be after its been rectified.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.