LM3886 Schematics + PCB

LOL.
Who says TDA2050 is bad? :) It's excellent too. And Low cost. :) They are like Mini-GainClones as referred to by some audio gurus. As I said many times, my earlier active 3 way TDA2050 system can easily outperform many commercial systems. And I love their quality. Trust me, they are super cool too when used wisely.

And we, the DIYers, are always in search of the next dream amp. :)
All the best.

i am not in for 3 way complicated system just a 6 channel amp powered by 2050 and two subs powered by 7293. your project is overtly ambitious but i know at the end of the day, if i end up with a capable 6.2 amp i can atleast mould the parts it to better amplifiers like you without rewasting money on transformers chips etc etc again.

i am not in for 3 way complicated system just a 6 channel amp powered by 2050 and two subs powered by 7293. your project is overtly ambitious but i know at the end of the day, if i end up with a capable 6.2 amp i can atleast mould the parts it to better amplifiers like you without rewasting money on transformers chips etc etc again.

TDA2050 is a powerful chip. I am sure you will get awesome thundering sound with superb clarity when you will use them in tandem altogether.
Also you are blessed as you have great speakers in your possession. :)

So all the best and happy safe-building.

LM3886 pcb making complete. Time to build now. :)

Thank you Mr Mile. :)

Attachments

• LM3886-PCB-READY.jpg
    LM3886-PCB-READY.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,309
I've just finished a PSU designed by sir Mile for the ML3 preamp/equalizer section. It's working great.

I was wondering if a similar PSU can be made for 6 X LM3886 chips or is that just redundant/overkill here?

If the answer is yes, which PSU Circuit of Sir Mile should I make?

I'm not sure but I am sure that you dont need much of a complex supply for LM3886. I use an unregulated psu. Just a transformer followed by a rectifier followed by 40000uf then about a small amount of resistance followed by another 20000uf. Its basically the psu at the end of the F5 manual. Works and sounds great.

Thank you sir.
Could you kindly post a diagram along with the value and wattage of the Resistor of your supply?

Wow! You are fast! Great anticipation of the next question!!
The moment I finished posting the earlier question, I found you had already given the answer! Much Appreciated!!!
3W .47R
Look at last page of the linked pdf

Thank you sir. :)

1)How about using snubberized power supply system by carlos filipe?
2) Will using a big(>10000uF) smoothing filter affect the response(Eg:frequency response) of the amp in any negative way? or is it 'the bigger the better'?
3)@CSOM: Can you please post the values of R5 & R6?
If it is going to help anybody,power supply guide:http://www.decdun.me.uk/gainclone_psu.html

Last edited:
I found a problem with my one of my LM3886 amps.

The 10 Ohm 1/2 watt resistor in the Zobel Network in one channel is getting burnt whenever the AMP is clipping. And smoke comes out of that resistor whenever that happens.

The other channel is okay though.

But the sound of both the channels is normal .

Any solution please ? :(

Last edited: