LM3886 Schematics + PCB

Very good.. Move the .1uf's before each bridge or add them? Thanks!
The certainly don't hurt where they are, and likely help (both the 0.1uF directly across the line and the other one in series with a 1 ohm resistor).

I say add.

ETA: Move the 0.1uF circuitry on the right over to the PCB of the device(s) being powered, as well as adding to the secondary coils.

Last edited:
Up and running. So far works good. Fired right up first try with no issues. Here are some pics!

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 1,235
  • amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 1,221
Hi Jonathan,
yes, all my resistors were 1/4W, you could use 1/2 W for R11.
For the zener, I used a 1W zener that I had in my parts bin, you could use 1/2 W.
The hole near C6 is a 'via' used to change layer of the trace from bottom to top.
Hope this helps.
regards
Prasi
other parts recommendations.
1. good quality film cap for C8
2. NPO/C0G for C2
3.For R11, you can even fit 1-2W if you can find a small enough resistor package.
Prasi, okay I got it. I got all the resistors and diodes installed.
Now the age old question, capacitors, especially the electrolytics. Should I just use whatever is low ESR and of good quality, or is there a benefit of using 'audio' cap here? I am looking at Rubycon ZL, ZLH, Panasonic FC, vs Nichicon FW on the audio side. Please let me know what you think, thank you. :):)

Last edited:
Hello Jonathan,
I generally use good quality industrial caps for rail decoupling.
Only for bootstrap and nfb , i 'try' to use audio grade cap. Most of the time I end up using whatever I have and whatever fits the pcb. :) I have limited access to good caps that people often talk about and not to forget, limited budget.
Regards
Prasi

Last edited:
BOM List Plz

Hi Prasi,

Plz share us the material list., i like to try your design.

Thanks,
Nandhakumar

assembled 1 channel to see how it sounds. powered up fine without glitches first time.

Sounds very good on test speakers, used a opa2134.

here are the pics. Thanks Mr. Mile for the circuit. Am I the first one to test this particular ckt?

I might put this one in my boom box that currently uses a dayton DTA-2 class T amp.

regards
Prasi

Hi Prasi,

Do we need to fill that hole near C6.

Thanks,
Nandhakumar

Hi Jonathan,
yes, all my resistors were 1/4W, you could use 1/2 W for R11.
For the zener, I used a 1W zener that I had in my parts bin, you could use 1/2 W.
The hole near C6 is a 'via' used to change layer of the trace from bottom to top.
Hope this helps.
regards
Prasi
other parts recommendations.
1. good quality film cap for C8
2. NPO/C0G for C2
3.For R11, you can even fit 1-2W if you can find a small enough resistor package.

PSU

Hi Bender460,

can you post the PSU image and design.

Thanks,
Nandhakumar

Getting going on a APEX Super Gainclone. Purchased some boards and parts from prasi a while back. He put together a great kit for me. Really really good. Thank you prasi.

Second pic is of the power supply that will be next to put together. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll post pics of a finished amp.