T-amp bridge? help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I'm trying to building a single-speaker i-pod dock and was about to follow the "Reboxing your T-amp" instructions found HERE, assuming I could just bridge the channels to my single speaker when finished.

After further research I now know you can't bridge a T-Amp.

Many songs use the left and right speaker balance purposefully, such as playing the drums in one speaker and everything else in the right speaker. This may sound dumb so please correct me if I'm wrong, but, if I just use one channel of the T-Amp (lets say the left channel) will that be okay or will songs that utilize both left and right speakers totally suffer?

I guess I'm trying to make sure songs are going to play fully through one channel and I won't be missing noises that were specifically sent to the right speaker.

You will need a mixer. You can find an active version in most op amp datasheets.
A simple passive version looks like this.
3858470.jpg

R1 and R2 have the same value, R3 is optional. The higher the values, the better for the source's output stage, but at the same time the higher the attenutation at the amplifier input.
You will also have to make an assessment about the influence on the amplifier's input filter. The bigger the resistor values, the lower the frequency roll-off of the RF filter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.