Need help asap!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanna ask a Q's regarding my cd player.
I want to upgrade it's (4) ne5532 op-amps to a better one.
Can you recommend me what to buy for?
If you can define what about the ne5532 opamp characteristics where it falls short, perhaps a "better" opamp could be suggested.
By something else I mean putting the 5532 in a different scenario might offer more reward than swapping it out for other tries...it's been a time since studying data sheets, after finding some OA's with the performance characteristics for my needs which vary greatly, I found very little differences between suitable candidate opamps in various conditions.
As long as it's a 741 for distortion, and not a 741 for anything else, without some particulars, the Ne5532...isn't that a low noise oa?
Not sure I can name anything that would 'beat' it, the 'other' characteristic being ~precision amplification of the potential difference between the +/- inputs, I can't suggest anything that'd for sure be different enough to hear, even more difficult to discern 'preferred' out of this type of swapping.
For this application [small signal amp I think], the 5532 is a good choice. no?

I'd suggest OPA2134 as an affordable replacement. The NE5532 isn't bad, but it's a bit slow, and tends to oscillate in poorly designed PCBs, which either totally ruins the sound if it's in a CD player or preamp, or blows the speakers if it's in the input stage of an amplifier. I've experienced the latter and since then i steer clear of this opamp.

i once replaced all of the opamps in a fostex 450 mixer with ne5532's wow what a diffirence, it sound as good as my mackie 32-8. jer

I've done the same on an old russian crossover (two of the original opamps were fried), and it works just fine. But the crossover has both input and output coupling capacitors. My recommendation still stays, don't use it to control feedback in an amplifier.

Hello:)

I'd removed already the (4 )5532's and put it on a 8dip sockets.as for the meantime the 5532's is still in the sockets.I'll check some more parts from digikey and I know the 2134 is still not available from them.
Thanks for all the community here @diyaudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.