A new chip amp project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was doing some more unpacking today and ran into a plathora of samples I stuck in a unmarked box...Low and Behold I can across a pair of LM3886TF`s...I forgoit all about receiving them a year ago.....so I looked up the specs on them and they seem pretty good they are part of the Overture line....this works out perfect because I found a pair of STK4042`s also the other day....so thats two amps to build now!!!haha...I am thinking of making a nice surround amp with the 3886`s and maybe a centre channel with the STK`s

Cheers!!The DIRT®

ok that is it. i have to ask where do you get samples from in canada as i would like to build the gain clone but no mula right now my plann is to get the chips and start the case and ect and work with the things that i can get for free right now.

where can i get free samples to start my stereo gain clone.

Any one...

Hi Joe,

Please don't use a different chip for the centre channel.
You should use the same chip all around.
What kills AV is people having different speakers / amps for front, centre and surround.
Please do it, but choose only one chip type for all channels.

If I were you, I'd choose the LM3886.
It sounds excellent.
BTW, do you need help unpacking?:devily:

I rigged this up on the weekend to start testing the chips...the system is Line isolated with the transformer on the left the toroid and EI* transformer will power the amp....there is a 35 amp bridge on a small heat sink and there are the 2 15 000 uf 80 volt caps

the heat sink is home made....this is all temporary

Attachments

• dscf0009.jpg
    dscf0009.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 881
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
JasonL said:
how do i get a hold of them and get some parts like that so i can build some chip amps. Can you email me how you did it so i can contact them i can pay the shipping but i cant afford parts right now.

In the belief that anything worthwhile has to involve a little sweat, just go to the National website, (google works), and do some digging. It's all there if you look;)

those are the Lm 3886TF`s in the pic and the STK 4042`s......maxim sent me some temp. controller ic`s and Microchip sent some Pic controllers

and a reply to another thread.....is this the 3 1/2 digit LCD your looking for....I paid 3 bucks for it at active surplus

DIRT®

Attachments

• dscf0012.jpg
    dscf0012.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 532
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.