Which Gainclone ? Which PSU ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep, gainclones rule ! :rolleyes:

I was just listening to a live album of Erykah Badu. The sound is quite live, nice bass smooth voice. I like it!
The 330 k feedback makes the GC even more lively. Also, very important is the grounding of the + input. I grounded the 330 k resistor there to the stepped att. ground by a separate wire. This makes the amp also more tight at high volumes!
(otherwise the power supply trash goes directly in the opamp !!!)

Fedde

NAD 1020A Pre-Amp

Since you people were speaking of NADs(although a bit off topic) maybe I could get an opinion or two. I got a NAD 1020A Pre-Amp at a pawnshop for very little. Is it a good choice for a pre-amp for my inverted Gainclone? I heard it had a great phono section so when I saw it I grabbed it. All the RCA jacks needed resoldering but it seems to work and sound nice enough. Thanks.
Greg

I just got this guys...sorry alot of questions to be returned....with National...if you dont have a corparate E-mail account they charge you shipping(cheap)...I got quoted through my home Email 10 Bucks for 4 chips..LOL.....max and Dallas still ship samples free as well as Microchip...for all you programmers like me....I borrowed a cam and have some pretty neat stuff on the go which I will post in the next few days.......and maybe I`ll make peter Danial get pissed off even with the sx-5590 tranny and ALL the components....but who knows...ok enough ranting...

Cheers!!The DIRT®

I won't be easily pissed off;)

Attachments

• gain.jpg
    gain.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 758
Re: NAD 1020A Pre-Amp

GringoAudio said:
Since you people were speaking of NADs(although a bit off topic) maybe I could get an opinion or two. I got a NAD 1020A Pre-Amp at a pawnshop for very little. Is it a good choice for a pre-amp for my inverted Gainclone? I heard it had a great phono section so when I saw it I grabbed it. All the RCA jacks needed resoldering but it seems to work and sound nice enough. Thanks.
Greg
It will work until you can either build or buy something better. I bought one in 1981, it did not get replaced until 1988. The sound is a little hazy and the dynamics are soft. These sold for 150.00 list when new, hope the price for it was low.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.