LM1875 and 16V-0-16V trafo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking to put together small speaker/headphone amplifier. Unfortunately, I can't use TA2024 as it is bridged so I am looking at LM1875. There are kits available from China that require 2x12-18V. Now, my knowledge about circuits is limited so please let me know if I could use 16V-0-16V toroidal transformer to power this board.

There is also kit from ChipAmp but it does not have instructions posted yet. I have built LM3875 from ChipAmp before and for CT trafo I needed to modify the PSU board. Without instructions, I will have to most likely get the one from China.

Thanks.

Hi

By looking the pictures it is suitable for center tapped transformer also.As it apparently has 3 connectors for AC/GND/AC.

When deciding between "known" kits as ones from Chipamp or kits found from ebay,be aware of the possible fake chips and components.I'm not in any means saying this kit has fake components but some may have.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.