Studiomaster Club 2000 dsp mixer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there everyone,

I'm new to this forum and not an expert at electronics.

Unfortunately the Studiomaster Club 2000 DSP mixer that I purchased on Ebay decided to die on me.

Initially the problem started with one side intermittantly cutting out, but a gentle knock made it come back on. Finally the thing died and all I now get is maximum/permanently lit LED's on the L+R master outs and no sound.

If anyone has any idea's or the schematics to this mixer it would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Stuart

If a "gentle knock" used to make it come back on, then open it up (with power disconnected) and see if something is loose (a connector perhaps?), or if some bit of metal (a screw perhaps?) is rolling around in there. If there are internal connectors, check them all and re-seat them, and apply some Caig De-Oxit to their contacts while you're at it. Ditto for all switch contacts. (I've "repaired" a lot of different types of equipment with only Caig De-Oxit.) Do a thorough visual and mechanical inspection.

Just a thought, make sure the ribbon cable that runs along the back of the channel boards is properly pushed in, it can be responsible for intermittent or permanent VU leds being on all the way up. If thats ok, check the soldering on the actual ribbon cable receptacles. This is more fiddly!

I have almost the exact same problem - tried reseating the ribbon connector but to no avail. I'm pursuing schematics from Studiomaster but I note their archive site/email service is inactive :(. It would sure make life easier having a schematic to work from rather than guessing at stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.