Replace OPA2604 with OPA1612?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Onix XCD-99 which is basically a Music Hall CD-25. It has OPA2604 buffer amps that many have replaced with dual OPA627BP's with good results. I was wondering if the OPA2604's could be replace with a dual opamp like the OPA1612 with similar or hopefully better results than the OPA627's?

I am a newbie at this and I didn't want to spend so much on the 627's since they seem to be an older design that is more expensive because of the older production techniques when the cheaper 1612 can do as good or better in this application.

Can anyone provide me with some advice? Is this a relatively simple swap out? I appreciate any help.

I'm trying to squeeze a little more life out of this older CD player in the most cost effective way I can.

Thanks.

OPA1611/1612 is a very good op-amp. You should give them a try, especially if you replace the output buffer. For the diff amps you should use high speed and wide bandwidth like OPA827 ( free samples available ).
It is a simple swap-out, there is nothing that can go wrong.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.