etching gainclone pcb - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th October 2012, 01:26 AM   #31
gootee is offline gootee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnaik_kottakki View Post
Hello friends and gurus,Iam new here. Can any one say where i can get pcb clads for my projects. Iam staying in south India, Andhra pradesh. Please sirs Iam in need of it mostly. If any one of u sent me in corrier I can pay. Please help.
patnaik_kottakki,

Hopefully, someone from your area will post here with more-suitable information for you. But you could try on line:

ebay.com - search for "FR4". (Maybe try google.com: "India FR4".)

You could also look at mouser.com, and many other similar electronic component distributors.

Cheers,

Tom
Old 15th October 2012, 06:40 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

If you are good at freehand drawing you can easily trace the PCB layout on the copper clad laminate using a OHP aka permanent marker. A Fabre castell or Luxor one will do. I have etched even elaborate PCBs using this method. A ruler and a stencil will be helpful for shaky hands. After completing the drawing just immerse in etching solution.

No toner transfer or photoresist methods required especially in the small pcbs used for chip amps. One case also try using adhesive tape, ruler and a paper cutter.
Old 16th October 2012, 06:47 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

I am from Kolkata. You can email me for any details. I will try to help you.

Thanks
Subhadeep
paku5535 at gmail dot com

Last edited by Mooly; 17th October 2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: email address removed
Old 17th October 2012, 10:17 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

To do what AVbuilder suggests , it will be a good idea to print the design on a paper ( copper side) and place it on the bare pcb and drill all the holes. Then remove the paper and paint up all the tracks and pads. If you have a reasonably steady hand this isn't hard to do.

If you can't get your OHP marker you can also use nail polish and use a nail polish thinner ( or amyl acetate) to thin the nail polish. Use a fine tipped brush to apply. Can't get one fine enough ? Just get the thinnest and trim it to size ! A good OHP marker is easiest but better check if the type you get is really resistant to the etching process. A small test pcb would tell you. With the OHP ink you might need to go over the tracks two or three times to ensure that enough ink has been applied.

NC paint thinner will also dissolve the nail polish but amyl acetate evaporates more slowly and so you get more time to apply before the nail polish starts to get too thick again.

Last edited by ashok; 17th October 2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 17th October 2012, 11:03 AM   #35
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

amyl acetate was easy to google. Melting to boiling range ~ 220C degrees, that's quite big. The 149 boiling point explains why it evaporates more slowly.

NC paint thinner not so obvious. Almost all search results came from India, I wonder why.
Turns out NC probably = nitro cellulose
Old 17th October 2012, 11:22 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

NC paint is nitrocellulose based paint used on cars etc. Shiny and quick drying.
So NC thinner is what they call the solvent over here. No idea what it is made up of. Evaporates quite fast.

Hide this!Advertise here!