PC Gainclone - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2003, 02:37 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Sure...I just wanted to actaually know what parts you are using...I never did noe this kinda amp chips will turn into such big stuff...I actually experimented with a few TDAs that give 20W mono and 10W stereo...I forgot wad part No...it did come with a fault indicator output though...if it is (or izzit was) still implemented in today's 50+W Power Amp ICs...I would like to know the part No. LEDs actually do often look washed out in digital cameras though...and if you really get a good picture...the amp will be too dark for you to see it...and youcan't point it straight at the cam...the camera will get dazelled (correct spelling??)...sorry but I'm pretty ignorant here...what can you sae to a 14yr old a**hole here?? (self-censoring...)...just my 2mA worth...
Old 25th June 2003, 02:49 PM   #32
Banned

li_gangyi,

I didn't understand...
You whant to know the part No. of what?
The chip I used is an LM3875, from National Semiconductors.
Nah... you're joking... You're 14 years old?
Old 25th June 2003, 03:52 PM   #33
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Nuuk, take a look at my preamp, there's a new thread here.
Where is 'here' my international pal

And I'm so pleased that any Martian's looking at Decibel Dungeon will be able to understand it all! No wonder my hits counter is buzzing
Old 25th June 2003, 04:17 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuuk

Where is 'here' my international pal
With 'here' I meant the "Chip Amps" forum.
Ok, here:
High-end preamp for my GC

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuuk

And I'm so pleased that any Martian's looking at Decibel Dungeon will be able to understand it all! No wonder my hits counter is buzzing
Ha!
Yes, you may be getting visits from other galaxy.
I know your site for some time, you know?
I think you're doing a public service, keep it going.
Old 26th June 2003, 05:31 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Hiyee,
I REALLY am 14...can ask a few people around..but none of them come here...hehe..I wanted to know if there is a Power Amp IC that HAS a fault indictor output...Thanks...
Old 26th June 2003, 10:44 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by li_gangyi
Hiyee,
I REALLY am 14...can ask a few people around..but none of them come here...hehe..I wanted to know if there is a Power Amp IC that HAS a fault indictor output...Thanks...

The OPA548, from Burr-Brown has an E/S pin to indicate its status.
Download the datasheet from www.ti.com and check it out.
Man, 14 years old...
You should be a honorable member of this forum.
Is there anyone younger?

With your age I fiddled with electronics, my father was a technician, but there was no Internet.
Old 26th June 2003, 04:44 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Yo~! My uncle had electronics experience...but it was actually my dad who knew little but started me on it...he got home from work one day...and knowing that I like mechanical stuff...got a simple Kit from a DIY store and a cheap SGD$4 Soldering iron to get me started...needless to say...I progressed from there...my current interest are more on Amps and audio stuff...I loan my O'scope from my uncle...he's got a Tek...20Mhz...with it's probes...and I use a analog DMM...I have tried a digital one...buyt I dun like ti as it fluctuates really badly sometimes on those power supply voltages...any one got any comments?? I forgot the model No. of the scope...I am planning to get enough money to ship a tube scope over from the US...wonder if it will work on 60Hz Singapore Mains??? Just need to drop the voltage from 220-110 right?? Or do I also need to convert the frequency...if so how do I do that?? I know this might be a bit off topic...perhaps the moderator can point me in the right direction...I have since feel (feel literally) that the people here are generally quite helpful and full of interesting ideas that I would never have thought of myself...thanks for all your help here...
Old 27th June 2003, 08:34 AM   #38
Banned

li_gangyi,

Mains voltage in the US is 110V, 60HZ...
Old 27th June 2003, 12:28 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Opps...I think I messed up...it's 220V 50Hz...sorry...

Hide this!Advertise here!