Lm3886

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i hav broke many lm3886 pins because i cant find any pcb layout having right pins space. can i use filter caps and smooth caps on transformer but not on the chip pcb. the lm3886 schematic in data sheet is very simple. i think it is not best and superior but for subwoofer its ok?????

Hi

can i use filter caps and smooth caps on transformer but not on the chip pcb. the lm3886 schematic in data sheet is very simple.

No, if all the smoothing / decoupling capacitors are by transformer the LM3886 will most likely go unstable and burn out. You need 100nF + 22uF min on the +ve and -ve power supplies near the chip.

i think it is not best and superior but for subwoofer its ok?????

Yes with the above smoothing / decoupling in place the data sheet circuit diagram is OK for a subwoofer.

Regards,
Andrew

I have attached bridge retifier and caps on the transformer. the second bridge and single cap is 12 volt for decorating and indicator light. Is this ok. caps are 1000 uf 35 volt and 100nf.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 169
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.