Heatsink for 4780

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im twiddling my thumbs waiting for my kit to arrive and running thru some case ideas. After a lot of looking around and getting some ideas I was hoping for advice n help on heatsinks.

I understand the 4780 kit runs pretty hot and I would rather over-do it than under. My q's...

Would a PC cpu heatsink and fan be upto doing the job or would the fan cause a problem?

I see a lot of people using a long heatsink as part of the case design.. Where can I get these from in the uk?

What is the best material to use copper or aluminium?

Im twiddling my thumbs waiting for my kit to arrive and running thru some case ideas. After a lot of looking around and getting some ideas I was hoping for advice n help on heatsinks.

I understand the 4780 kit runs pretty hot and I would rather over-do it than under. My q's...

Would a PC cpu heatsink and fan be upto doing the job or would the fan cause a problem?

I see a lot of people using a long heatsink as part of the case design.. Where can I get these from in the uk?

What is the best material to use copper or aluminium?

A well designed amp will not need a fan! if you can get a big heatsink is better. Copper vs aluminum? Copper will dissipate more heat for sure but it is more money!.try to use speakers with high SPL that way you do not force too much your amp and runs a little cooler.You can always make your own heatsink from scratch (That is way this is called DIY lol)or just get one from an old amp.Also you can get a hefty broken amp ( for Heatsink) from ebay and get a nice heatsink you can even use the chassis and other comps. I have seen nice ones for $40 -80 Hafler (broken of course). Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.