LM3886 works in a few seconds then it shut off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In this setup pictures are confusing, however here attached

Attachments

• foto 1.JPG
    foto 1.JPG
    369 KB · Views: 125
  • foto 2.JPG
    foto 2.JPG
    310.2 KB · Views: 128
I did and between the ground and each inputs is 24 while between the inputs is 48.Should not too much 48V once will be rectified ?
in the bridge I bought, it is written 26 volts so I am worried that if I connect 48v it will burn everything....

Last edited:
Hi Mark
I posted some pictures with the differents configuration, could you please advice which is the correct one?
Thanks again!

Attachments

• foto 9.JPG
    foto 9.JPG
    592.9 KB · Views: 40
  • foto 8.JPG
    foto 8.JPG
    620.7 KB · Views: 28
  • foto 7.JPG
    foto 7.JPG
    563.2 KB · Views: 39
  • foto 6.JPG
    foto 6.JPG
    497.4 KB · Views: 33
  • foto 5.JPG
    foto 5.JPG
    488.5 KB · Views: 46
  • foto 4.JPG
    foto 4.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 48
  • foto 3.JPG
    foto 3.JPG
    540.4 KB · Views: 49
  • foto 2.JPG
    foto 2.JPG
    537.8 KB · Views: 101
  • foto 1.JPG
    foto 1.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 95
Photo's 4 to 9 show the correct way to connect the transformers for 26-0-26 Volt.

Don't use the green/yellow wire to connect the transformers secondaries to the chassis (mains earth). Connect the 4 transformer leads to the inputs of the PSU with 2 of the wires connected to the PSU ground. Connect a wire between the PSU output ground and chassis.

Last edited:
Hi Mark,
I tried the configuration but when I connected to the chip I heard a sparkling.
I dismount and reset in the previous configuration but now one of the two channels is not working anymore and on the audio out I can see 12-13 volt, what can I do to understand which component is failing?

Thanks

these comments will not sort your problem.

That big input? capacitor has some odd marking that I don't understand.

It states:
4µ7K100 X2
That reads to me as:
4µ7 = 4µ7F
K = ±10% tolerance
100 = maximum voltage of 100Vdc
X2 = X rated capacitor for use on mains supplies upto 250Vac and usually rated for 275Vac maximum.

The 100 and the X2 contradict each other which makes me suspicious of what the capacitor is purported to be.

Why have you used a 4u7F input capacitor?

There does not appear to be any HF decoupling for the supply rails. Is it installed on the underside?

Last edited:
I getting crazy, yesterday while I was doing additional tests on the LM3886 suddenly it burnt itself..... I don't know if does it make sense to replace only the chip or to throw everything away and reorder the kit....
I am just thinking if it would be possible that all test weakened the chips and this is the reason to make it burn... but I am not really sure also if the rectifier is working properly...... I am getting in confusion....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.