The best sounding audio integrated opamps - Page 55 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th November 2009, 07:06 PM   #541
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea: View Post
I guess I will retire.
lol you have to be stoned out of your mind to believe in op-amp numerology, no offense Andrea..que causa?
Old 27th November 2009, 08:12 PM   #542
diyAudio Member

7+9+7 = 23

end of story.
Old 27th November 2009, 08:17 PM   #543
diyAudio Member

No.
2+3=5. Prime. End of story.
Old 27th November 2009, 08:59 PM   #544
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
7+9+7 = 23

end of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic_real_one View Post
No.
2+3=5. Prime. End of story.
Not end of story. End of the world genlemen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lost_numbers.jpg (164.2 KB, 358 views)
Old 27th November 2009, 09:07 PM   #545
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
lol you have to be stoned out of your mind to believe in op-amp numerology, no offense Andrea..que causa?
LOL, I guess you believe that there's nothing serious behind numerology.

Let me remind you of the pythagoreans who thought (or realized) that the universe is regulated by numbers.

Anyway... whatever floats you boat! That's how they say, no? I'm glad that you guys are so self-assured, I wish I could be the same, but... unfortunately I'm not because I've got this persistent feeling that earthly things are much more mysterious than our thinking pretends. To put it differently, that we know much less than we think. That's why I prefer not to rationalize all of my experiences, or analyze all of my perceptions... I feel like this very much frees me from the really narrow limits of the rational-analytical mind.

You've got to have an open, elastic mind to realize all these infinite correspondences in life... like, speaking of sensual perceptions, that between vision and hearing. Technically it's called synaesthesia. I've heard that not everyone has this sort of synthetic perception of reality. I'm gad I'm not deprived of it...

And the association between each sonic color and a number is merely the next step in this attitude of discovering the correspondences among things, though I guess that it's very much intolerable for your strict logic. I can only say that I've had a very consistent experience of it, so much as to make it my own little unique science! Not just with the opamps eh - this is just a very niche application of a universal principle, if you will...

I guess I'm a naive modern-day pythagorean.

Last edited by Andrea:; 27th November 2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 27th November 2009, 09:12 PM   #546
diyAudio Member

well, what if the engineers pick the model numbers randomly?

maybe Scott can shed some lights on how they went w/ "AD797"? did they hire shamans or ask oracles?
Old 27th November 2009, 09:15 PM   #547
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

7+9+7=23 0.9nVsqrtHz
Old 27th November 2009, 09:31 PM   #548
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
well, what if the engineers pick the model numbers randomly?
They sure do: they are totally unaware of the necessary correspondence form <-> function, i.e. (in our matters which are very 'niche' in the order of things) opamp numbers <-> opamp tonality. It's not a human law, it's a universal law, that men, as part of this universe, can only comply to, aware or (more likely) ignorant as they may be.

And surely I wouldn't expect an engineer who designs opamps to be the most enlightened being of mankind... They just do their little thing, and this thing (however artificial an opamp may seem to be) just happens to bear the laws of the universe within itself. When they create it, they must give it a name - a random combination of numbers - and this name defines its identity.

Last edited by Andrea:; 27th November 2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 27th November 2009, 09:36 PM   #549
nad is offline nad  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea: View Post
lol, i guess you believe that there's nothing serious behind numerology.

Let me remind you of the pythagoreans who thought (or realized) that the universe is regulated by numbers.

Anyway... Whatever floats you boat! That's how they say, no? I'm glad that you guys are so self-assured, i wish i could be the same, but... Unfortunately i'm not Because i've got this persistent feeling that earthly things are much more mysterious than our thinking pretends. To put it differently, that we know much less than we think. That's why i prefer not to rationalize all of my experiences, or analyze all of my perceptions... I feel like this very much frees me from the really narrow limits of the rational-analytical mind.

You've got to have an open, elastic mind to realize all these infinite correspondences in life... Like, speaking of sensual perceptions, that between vision and hearing. Technically it's called synaesthesia. I've heard that not everyone has this sort of synthetic perception of reality. I'm gad i'm not deprived of it...

And the association between each sonic color and a number is merely the next step in this attitude of discovering the correspondences among things, though i guess that it's very much intolerable for your strict logic. i can only say that i've had a very consistent experience of it, so much as to make it my own little unique science! Not just with the opamps eh - this is just a very niche application of a universal principle, if you will...

I guess i'm a naive modern-day pythagorean.
wtf?
Old 27th November 2009, 09:41 PM   #550
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
wtf?
he he, most predictable

Hide this!Advertise here!