The best sounding audio integrated opamps - Page 207 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th September 2012, 10:03 PM   #2061
diyAudio Member

Chris said -> DC from CS4398 is 1/2 VCC if I remember correctly. You will get a large DC offset if you remove them and are using the balanced output as unbalanced.

Anybody care to explain..
I will use sometimes those balanced output with unbalanced inputs of gears..

I will have 3 OPA1612 in the balanced signal path...

I WANT no caps or film caps and hope not to use electrolytic in the signal path.. anybody can help??

hifimediy use 2.2uf to remove dc offset from cs dac chip and no opamp at all... but it's unbalanced outputs...

after some research.. i was thinking about using clarity cap esa
ClarityCap ESA Series Film Capacitor

anybody could help me on the uf value??

(i could also bypass those)
i tought of 0.022uF 200V Russian teflon capacitors FT-1 Lot 10 | eBay

if i have space but could use some cheap vishay mkp1837 too..
I will also bypass all SMD cap in the signal path with 0.22uf mkp1837
CD DAC Lampucera lampizator

thx for helping me having the best sound out of this card

Last edited by audiolic; 4th September 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:43 AM   #2062
diyAudio Member

I once saw a guy receive a cellphone call while standing in a ferrite-lined anechoic chamber with the door half-open. The chamber was in a huge tin shed. 'Course he could have had line-of-sight to the mast thru an opening that was obscured by a stud wall or something, but we were both pretty surprised. 1.8GHz

But not as surprised as when I saw this:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
I get decent sound from NE5532s

...and they told me a leopard couldn't change its spots.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:10 AM   #2063
diyAudio Member

Hi,
i need to build a simple gain stage of 6 db in order to amplify the output of my minidsp from, 0,9 to 1,5 V approx. So i need to build 2 stereo channels, and i would like your suggestions about good opamps for this application.

I have build this stage before in the past using
  • Opa2134 - not very happy with the sound of it.
  • LM4562 - very good and tonally balanced, cheap.
  • LT1028 - same as above with more detail but expensive.
I would like to try something different from the above if you think it is worth it, otherwise i will stick with LM4562 witch had the best performance/price ratio for me.
Old 10th September 2012, 10:40 AM   #2064
AndrewT is online now AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

or Juma's jFET stage.
Old 10th September 2012, 04:19 PM   #2065
diyAudio Member

Quote:
or Juma's jFET stage
can you provide a link?
Old 10th September 2012, 06:34 PM   #2066
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter culture View Post
But not as surprised as when I saw this:-

...and they told me a leopard couldn't change its spots.
And what is that supposed to mean?! Indeed, NE5532/5534 has that rare/special quality!
Old 10th September 2012, 09:33 PM   #2067
diyAudio Member

Hi sorry again to bother all of you.. i was just wondering about the signal path of the Emu 1616m.. first of all for each dac chip, there is 2 mirrored outputs 1/8 and 1/4 trs balanced..

what is bothering me is that if you look at the picture.. there's is 3 jrc2068 opamps in the signal path while the e-mu 1212m and 1820m only had 2.. I plan on replacing all of them with OPA1612 but I wonder if I should use different opamp in some position and for the DC caps after cs4398 i'm hesitating between higher cost AVX FFB, evox mmk,wima msp, or lower cost electro, nichicon kz or es or silmic II, (all bypassed with evox/rifa smr 0.22uf. I also plan to bypass with evox smr all smd caps in the signal path and changing all the caps in power supply to higher uf panasonic FR.. (bypassed with smr??)

I wonder what those 3 opamp do since the CS4398 is a voltage out dac with already an opamp onboard.. And if they are all use as dual opamp.. (maybe the 2nd stage is using the jrc2068 as single opamp so i could replace those with single opamp)

I also have to admit that sound of the E-mu 1616m is worst(harsher) than the 1820m even if power is external while 1820m use computer power.. Could it be that it's another stage of jrc2068 in the signal path, that is crippling the sound.. I know the caps sucks too in the signal path..

anyway.. i need help from pro badly.. will opa1612 to replace the 3 jrc2068 work well..? what are the opamp use?? filter /iv? Anybody know the lowest "uf" I could use for the caps.. (might use balanced or unbalanced outputs)

what about other little caps near the cs4398.. what would you recommend for those and what are they doing.. (power supply caps to opamp i guess?) should i bypass those with evox SMR?

anything better than 0.22uf evox SMR to use as bypassing in the same 1.50$ range of price and similar small size..? (from my research it's seem perfect, other options was russian teflon but it's a little big)

tons of questions for the pro ..

note that this can help tons of people having the same questions about those components..

and that you will help a DJ to have the best sound everywhere he will play.. it's gonna be my dj tweaked soundcard..

i can even give you the full signal path for one channel (without the smd capacitors in the path)
CS4398 -> 47uf 16v cap -> resistor 90E -> resistor 29E -> resistor 18A -> jrc2068 -> A5W-K relay (white) ->resistor 68B -> JRC2068 -> resistor 195 -> muting fet (6K) -> TRS 1/4 balanced output and one channel of 1/8" stereo output

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by audiolic; 10th September 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11th September 2012, 07:23 AM   #2068
AndrewT is online now AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

type in Juma and jfet

BF862 Preamp

Last edited by AndrewT; 11th September 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11th September 2012, 07:29 AM   #2069
diyAudio Member

Thanks Andrew,
i was already reading Juma's posts, most of them very interesting.
Old 8th December 2012, 07:49 AM   #2070
diyAudio Member

A best op amp in a particular circuit layout not necessarily work best in another layout. So thir matter is subject to the application and design. F1 race car wont do much good for you on country road.

Hide this!Advertise here!