help in building TDA7294 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th December 2009, 05:45 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Thanks man!!

Something to add: Bootstrap cap = 47uF. The 22uF in the datasheet makes for lousy bass as the 22uF pictured is "perfect cap" and doesn't represent "average electrolytic" So, it would be 47uF for average electrolytic, unless your speakers are smaller than 6"
Old 16th December 2009, 10:40 AM   #12
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
I don't know if that was exactly the fault, but a few years ago (when I knew much less about electronics) I built some TDA7294 chip amps and I got blown ICs at first while I was leaving the mute/standby inputs floating (with the RCD networks in place).

Actually I was charging the capacitors by feding 35V to the mute/strandby PCB inputs and then leaving them open. The capacitors would take several minutes to discharge to the point where the sound starts fading and then... humm!! and blown IC.

Last edited by Eva; 16th December 2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 16th December 2009, 04:29 PM   #13
pra3718 is offline pra3718  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
so i dont know i might stick to my TDA7265 ( 25 +25) as i find it a bit expensive for the speakers
Aditya, TDA7265 is available in indian local market? What is the price of ? Where are you from ? This chip If remember used by altec lansing.
Old 16th December 2009, 04:44 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I don't know if that was exactly the fault, but a few years ago (when I knew much less about electronics) I built some TDA7294 chip amps and I got blown ICs at first while I was leaving the mute/standby inputs floating (with the RCD networks in place).
Old 17th December 2009, 01:20 AM   #15
sexya is offline sexya  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sexya Send a message via Yahoo to sexya
Quote:
Originally Posted by pra3718 View Post
Aditya, TDA7265 is available in indian local market? What is the price of ? Where are you from ? This chip If remember used by altec lansing.
hii
in bombay go to amar electronics, he used to sell them for some thing like 50 to 65 per peice, i want to konw where i can i buy LM1875 in bombay, and which is better lm 1875 or tda2050,
Old 17th December 2009, 09:07 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post

Actually I was charging the capacitors by feding 35V to the mute/strandby PCB inputs and then leaving them open. The capacitors would take several minutes to discharge to the point where the sound starts fading and then... humm!! and blown IC.
That must have had a different cause, because what you describe is exactly, what the datasheet shows. Close the switches and charge the capacitors to any voltage between 3,5 V and 40 V to unmute. Open the switches and let the capacitors discharge to below 1,5 V to mute.

Which means, my former post is wrong. You do need voltage on those pins to operate the amplifier. So, if you don't want to use the suggested components from the datasheet, because popping noises don't bother you, you need to connect the stand-by and mute pins to the positive rail. Leaving them floating or grounding them means the amplifier will be muted and in stand-by.
Old 17th December 2009, 10:04 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
hii
in bombay go to amar electronics, he used to sell them for some thing like 50 to 65 per peice, i want to konw where i can i buy LM1875 in bombay, and which is better lm 1875 or tda2050,
I never try lm1875 but experienced member says lm1875 is good. I experienced tda2050 and it is good for low frequencies.

If you refer ESP's project 72 In circuit description on 2nd para "You can also use the TDA2050 (from SGS-Thompson), which has almost identical performance and (remarkably) the same pinouts! "

Now I wish to use tda7294 for woofer either mono or bridge. I am looking for best suitable circuit with minimum components.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:35 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Aditya, What do you think about attached picture ?
Attached Images
File Type: gif TDA7294.GIF (6.2 KB, 469 views)
Old 17th December 2009, 06:23 PM   #19
sexya is offline sexya  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sexya Send a message via Yahoo to sexya
Quote:
Originally Posted by pra3718 View Post
Aditya, What do you think about attached picture ?
nice. i did find a onlie solution check out a chinese website called gorge and charle's. i found two tda7294 layouts and u can convert the page using altavista language convertor. - babel fish
the link is ---- 喬治查爾斯電子電路網 check out and the pdf at the end of each article has a pcblayout which is ready for tonner transfer,

i m though making a tda7294 pcb layout for my self, you see i have put one of the designs as an attachment, on the first page of this post.

where are you from as in which city,
Old 18th December 2009, 10:54 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
where are you from as in which city,
Hi, I am from Nagpur (2nd capital of Maharashtra). Your link is very good. Thanks. This time my project is tda7294 subwoofer.

Hide this!Advertise here!