Compact Sized LME49810/11 +ThermalTrak Amp

You need an 8-pair output stage? :eek:

well this can be exciting, and a amplifier that can deliver current to any demand, often do sound better. It also will give new challenges. So many output devices will increase the Cob, and new compensation schemes might be needed to keep the system stable. I also wonder with 8 pairs, and so many diodes in the bias string, how it will affect the thermal tracking.

With kind regards,
Bas

You need an 8-pair output stage? :eek:

Its, not a need, but more like why not :D

BTW...
this is the Case its all going into
Hi-Fi DIY Audio Power Amplifier chassis

Toroid in "main" power supply is 182V40 - 1500VA 80V C.T. @ 18.8A with 60,000uF of capacitance for each rail.
Separate supply will be used for LME49810 ( +75V / 0v / -75V ) and regulated 5V and 12V circuit along with integrated soft start for the "main" supply

Last edited:
well this can be exciting, and a amplifier that can deliver current to any demand, often do sound better. It also will give new challenges. So many output devices will increase the Cob, and new compensation schemes might be needed to keep the system stable. I also wonder with 8 pairs, and so many diodes in the bias string, how it will affect the thermal tracking.

With kind regards,
Bas

Hi Bas,

I only use four diodes in my four-pair output. The tracking is pretty good.

Panson

Adrculda,

Which parts you have difficulty to source? 1 % stuff are mainly common 1 % metal film resistors.

Panson

On this side of the "pond" its not that common to find and most of them require multiples of 10 for the 1% items. The "common" parts are 5% and 10% parts which are used by most people. Mainly the biggest issue is the caps. Most WIMA are hard to find around here. The only source i know for that is Mouser :flame:

Digikey and Mouser is the ones i use mostly for parts as the local supply stores are retarded and most want me to order multiples of 250 and they can only get 2%.
None the less this same store wanted to charge me $12 for EACH ThermalTrak !!!

Last edited:
On this side of the "pond" its not that common to find and most of them require multiples of 10 for the 1% items. The "common" parts are 5% and 10% parts which are used by most people. Mainly the biggest issue is the caps. Most WIMA are hard to find around here. The only source i know for that is Mouser :flame:

Digikey and Mouser is the ones i use mostly for parts as the local supply stores are retarded and most want me to order multiples of 250 and they can only get 2%.
None the less this same store wanted to charge me $12 for EACH ThermalTrak !!!

You can use Digikey for 0.5W, 1% Dale resistors. Min qty is 1 pcs. You can use other cap instead of WIMA. 5 % cap are good enough.

C19 Voltage for NFB - Would 50V suffice or do i have to look for higher ??

As I'm trying to use Audiophile caps on driver board.

ALSO....
Can 1N4148 can be replaced with 1N4007 ??

And Part number for 5V Zener would be greatly appreciated as well as i cant find anything on Digikey...

Last edited:
C19 Voltage for NFB - Would 50V suffice or do i have to look for higher ??

As I'm trying to use Audiophile caps on driver board.

ALSO....
Can 1N4148 can be replaced with 1N4007 ??

And Part number for 5V Zener would be greatly appreciated as well as i cant find anything on Digikey...

Zener can be 5.1 V, 500 mW, through hole, e.g. 1N5231B.
50V for NFB e-cap is very sufficient.
Digikey has 1N4148TA for 1 pcs as min qty order. You can use 1N4007 instead.