Compact Sized LME49810/11 +ThermalTrak Amp - Page 31 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th December 2012, 10:05 AM   #301
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Hi panson,

On compact size board rev 2.1 there no zobel and no output coil, but i see in one of your building that thay are présent direct on speaker binding post. So they seems to be necessary, have you value for these? What about your work on adding diode to improve thermal compensation?

Marc

Marc
Old 1st January 2013, 06:22 PM   #302
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Adrculda Send a message via Yahoo to Adrculda
Happy New Year Panson

Quick questions about your initial series boards.
I'm assuming that they can be run in a Class H mode with the proper stepper driver ?
Old 25th September 2013, 11:23 AM   #303
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panson_hk View Post
I want to make a 2nd generation of this amp board. A Baker clamp as shown in Fig. 17.2 of Bob's book is being considered for LME49811. A sketch is show below. Any comment?
Hi Panson,
I just started considering building an amp based on LME49811 and ThermalTrack transistors and I saw that you have that already built for me
However, there is one thing that I've noticed. Have you considered the difference between temperature coefficient of the junction voltage in MUR120 (the diode part) which is 1.7mV/C and NJL3281 which is 2.1mV/C ? I am not sure if that matters in the real life application, however Bob Cordell in his Designing Audio Power Ams, pg. 305 and after that thinks that it matters.
His suggestion is introducing compensator added to the bias transistor that involves (in one suggested setup) 4 resistors and 1 low-power transistor.

Igor

Hide this!Advertise here!