5 + 2 (bridge) channel gainclone - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th October 2009, 05:19 PM   #1
pra3718 is offline pra3718  India
diyAudio Member

Default 5 + 2 (bridge) channel gainclone

I am planning to build 5 channel + 2 channel bridge with power supply on single PCB. Please post any PCB with clear & big picture. Building single gainclone is very easy but multiple gainclone is complex.

My first try would be TDA2030 because it is cheap IC. Then 2050 & 3886.

Specially, I am worried about wiring management RC GROUND, POWER GROUND etc.,

Regards.
Old 15th October 2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Maxxtr0 is offline Maxxtr0  Germany
diyAudio Member

You want ALL of that on one single PCB, am I right? Are you going to Design the PCBs by yourself?
If yes, you could habe a look hat my thread in which you can learn much about grounding I think: LM3886 Layout ok?
Old 16th October 2009, 05:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

There are a bunch of threads about grounding already. The Search function will turn them all up.
Old 16th October 2009, 10:17 PM   #4
gfiandy is offline gfiandy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You are right this is extreemly complex to maintain a unconditionally stable desing. I found it possible to share the power supply rails with good decoupling local to the amps. However a seperate ground return from each of the speaker loads was required to the bulk decoupling capacitor star point and this had to be kept close to the power output track to the speaker. An output inductor bypassed with a 10R resistor was required to isolate the amplifers from capacitance in the cables and a Zobel network with a seperate ground return required for each amplifer. It required a 4 layer PCB to achieve this in a small space for a comercial design. You may be able to do it on a two layer PCB if you are preapred to use lots of space. Best of luck Andrew
Old 17th October 2009, 10:55 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks

@Maxxtr0 : Your LM3886 layout is good and usefull. I have already tried 5 mono amp. It's sound good individually or stereo configuration.

@gfiandy : Thousand words v/s single picture. I found thread "Giga Amp 5.1 channel" by myanmar (please find attached picture) is good but not very clear. Exactly I need this but require big and clear picture to understand. Yet, your post # 4 is usefull to me.

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: gif TDA2030 pcb layout.GIF (23.8 KB, 685 views)
Old 17th October 2009, 11:49 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Did you try to PM myanmar?
Old 17th October 2009, 12:29 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

@pacificblue : Yes, but no reply
Old 29th October 2009, 02:18 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default 6 channel on single PCB

At last, I build 6 channel on single PCB with TDA2030 it was my dream. Good bass and good loudness but not sufficient. Everything is fine but MID & HIGH frequencies are not good. I like MID-HIGH frequencies soft & delicate. Bass should be soft but strong.

Overall ambience, quality sound. Sorry I can not describe but can you improve my schematic ?

Zobel does not make any good difference to me. But if you advise I can add.

Thank you
Regards.
Attached Images
File Type: gif tda2030 schematic.GIF (4.7 KB, 588 views)
File Type: jpg 26102009(002).jpg (402.3 KB, 583 views)
Old 31st October 2009, 04:45 PM   #9
gfiandy is offline gfiandy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi, You could try fiddling arround with the supply decoupling but to be honist I suspect the problem is the chip amps. The TDA2030 is a fine low cost audio amp, but if you want something that is a bit better I would try the LM1875. The circuit is very similar however its performance is much better.

If you want some advice on the layout we will need to see both sides of the PCB. However it looks like you have daisy chained the supplies and ground. If this is the case then a star arrangement will probably sound better.

Regards,
Andrew
Old 1st November 2009, 07:07 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

@gfiandy

Thank you.

Attached picture may help you to advise good layout. In my first attached picture you may find 1R+0.1uf with this sound improved little.

Today, I found that Diode (6Amp) becomes very hot. What is the reason ? But still I listen the Amp for 1 hour I did not find any problem with system & it's sound.

Another major thing is ON/OFF power switching noise. When I tried mono amp it was not.

Please find attached picture for layout.

Thanks & Regards.
Attached Images
File Type: gif tda2030 schematic.GIF (17.6 KB, 499 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!