LME 49810 CFP output stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to design an amp based on the complementary feedback pair concept, although this a slight deviation from the original CFP concept because of the extra transistors in the output stage. The schematic shows 3055 and 2955 in the output stage but the reason they are there is eagle only had these with package outline matching my requirements. I intend to use some sustained beta devices.
There are quite a few 49810 designs out there but all of them are Emitter Follower types...I might have goofed up here....any feedback will be highly appreciated..

Attachments

• LME49810amp.pdf
    26.9 KB · Views: 196
ya..that is one of the charateristics of a cfp stage to have some ammount of gain..but is superior to an emiiter follower design in terms of Large signal linearity and distortion figures. This design is very simmilar to one found on rod elliot P3 amp. I did some reading and it seems thermal stability is better than an EF type besides "beta droop" is lower than an EF type.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.