Portable Amplifier IC for 8 ohm speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I am looking forward to building a powerful and portable amplifier that can fit into a back pack, and run off a single 12V 7ah battery. I have the speakers sorted out already, their impedance is 8ohm and have a power limit of 100W.

So I am looking for a simple chip amp that can provide an output of 20W - 40W into these speakers. I looked at TDA1560 but I could not obtain them, is there any other similar chips or designs I can use.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much, i had a look at the data sheet of tpa3122D2, it should work just fine for my application. but I have one more question the maximum gain of the chip is 36dB, so can it be powered straight off something like a mobile phone or an iPod's audio output, or does it need a preamplifier to reach maximum output.

Would this circuit work?
tpa3122.jpg
It is has two op amp working as a crossover network at 4000Hz, the treble goes to a ready made TEA2025 amplifier and 2 8Ohm mid range speakers.
The other two op amp change the single ended low frequency signal into a balanced and inverted signal which passes through one of those 2 in one potentiometer and goes into the TPA3122 input.

I am a newbie in electronics, especially the audio part so any help is appreciated.:spin:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.