My new Chipamp.com LM3886 kit almost there...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The amp is finally making noise in its chassis. Its a Hammond 1402 - nice little unit albeit a little snug.

The xformer is an Antek AN-3225 300VA 25V unit...very inexpensive and seemingly nicely built.

I am feeding the amp with an Aikido 5687 tube preamp and the sound is very nice. It is very quiet-no hum. My other power source is a Tubelab SimpleSE currently running James OPT's and Gold Lion Re-issue KT-88's which also rocks pretty well - Jury's still out on the comparison.

All the other parts I either had on hand or got from Mouser except the heat sinks which came from surplus sales - very reasonable.

I realize that I am not 100% done yet...I still need to secure the toroid, fasten the heat sinks, and trim some wire. The only thing I am not crazy about is the position of the PSU board. I may see if there is enough room to flip it around and bolt it down to the top of the chassis...not sure yet...

Some pics-
IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.