Mini Water Cooled GainClone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You need the filter caps in the box, near the chip supply pins, or you'll have serious oscillation problems.
But then again, when you've done drawn everything in a can of varnish, two or three times.
Seriously.
With everything isolated, no problem.
But when you power it inside the water, please stay away.
Something can be deadly wrong.:devily: :eek: :bawling:
lol

just make a blob

there exists some heatsinking type glues that are based on epoxy that do not conduct. These would be perfect for your use here. Build the circuit point to point as tight as possible, perhaps using tiny heat shrink to make sure the leads remain isolated from each other. In the end you will have 6 leads coming out, twist the mates of each other, then compress into the tinyest space you want, then pot the entire thing with the glue. When you are finished, it will be waterproof. The heat will be carried by the adhesive.

One improvement might be to place the back of the amp chip on an outside edge, and thread an insulated bolt through the hole, and then outside your little form. When you are finished, use the bolt to mount it, even to a heatsink later if you decide to use it out of water.

Hey Sawzal, what's a blob?
A blow job?:D
Ok, ok... just joking.:devily:
Anyway, there are some silicone types that are transparent and don't conduct.
It micht be a good alternative to water.
I don't like point-to-point, but that's me.
A circuit made on breadboard would do it, and no risks of wires touching each other.

carlosfm said:
Hey Sawzal, what's a blob?
A blow job?:D
Ok, ok... just joking.:devily:
Anyway, there are some silicone types that are transparent and don't conduct.
It micht be a good alternative to water.
I don't like point-to-point, but that's me.
A circuit made on breadboard would do it, and no risks of wires touching each other.

It the circuit consists of only 5 components, whats wrogn with point to point? lol

well, a blob is

a blob. I am sure some bright person here can tell us how it came into the English language. One thing about English, especially the US version, is that it takes in everything and makes it its own, with some added strangeness. Those few USians who study a language other than English are stunned by it. On the otherhand, if you look at most other languages in the world you will see the effect of US technology in the language - it is the standard for tech it seems (I can see some flames so I will shut up).. ;)

But anyway, the heat sinking ability of those adhesives are important! I don't think plain silicone moves much heat. Its cheap at $5 a little tube.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.