3-channel gainclone for multimedia?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, my multimedia speakers have died... (what can you expect from mm?) and I need some new ones. I have a warranty, and will trade my old broken ones in for new ones, but will probably sell the new ones for $400 or so (they are expensive mm speakers) and then use the cash to buy another DPL12 and some parts to build my own mm speakers. I would like to power them with gainclones... 3-channels, one for sub and two for mains. So, that in mind, how would this work:

soundcard out->main volume->sub volume and main amp-> sub amp

I was thinking gain of about 15 for speakers, then gain of 20 or so for sub, with a volume control on the whole thing and a volume control on the sub after the main vol so I can adjust for more or less bass. Sound good? Or should I consider different gains... please help me out here. In my experiences, a high gain (>13) makes all opamps fuzzy... Thanks all :)

(note, I know this is the wrong forum for speakers, but you all post in all forums, and if you have any recommendations for speakers to use, let me know. They need to be pretty small, less than 5.25" drivers for sure up front. Thanks)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.