Are you using the resistor?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,
After all that's been written about GCin different incarnations, I have one question:

Are you using the resistor at the output, or some kind of zobel network or perhaps nothing?

I've built some prototipes that seem to work fine with short speaker cables, but now that I'll build a couple of clones to use as surround amps I'm not shure about stability with long speaker cables, let's say 7 or 8 meters.
What you say?

cheers

Ric

Ricren said:
Hi folks,
After all that's been written about GCin different incarnations, I have one question:

Are you using the resistor at the output, or some kind of zobel network or perhaps nothing?

I've built some prototipes that seem to work fine with short speaker cables, but now that I'll build a couple of clones to use as surround amps I'm not shure about stability with long speaker cables, let's say 7 or 8 meters.
What you say?

cheers

Ric

I use the resistor.
It improves stability of the chip for a wider range of cables.
I don't think you need a zobel network.
The series resistor should be as close to the output pin as possive, like in any op-amp.
Yes, this is a power op-amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.