Require advise on tda2050 this schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi pra3718;
This is how I've done a bass boost on one of my gainclones. It's working fine. The bad thing is, that the DC offset on the output got higher so I had to put back the capacitor from negative input to ground.
Regards

Attachments

• GC_bassboost.JPG
    GC_bassboost.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 209
It's just a simple schematic to show the bass boost.
If the source is DC coupled you don't need the cap at the input of your gainclone.

I have attached the real schematic of my ''bass boost'' GC.

My other GC has no bass boost, no input cap, no RF attenuation, no zobel filter at the output and no DC block on the NFB loop. It only has local decoupling 1000uF caps on power pins. It's just like all the other stripped versions of the GC on the net. It has max 35mV of DC at the output and I can hardly believe this will kill my loudspeakers.

Input cap and the cap on negative input to ground have big impact on sound and once I've removed them I'm not going back.
Just try it and see. But first measure DC offset at the output before you connect the loudspeakers.
Regards

Attachments

• GC_bassboost_1.JPG
    GC_bassboost_1.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 185
We are still talking about the TDA2050, right? The datasheet absolute max supply voltage is 50 volts or +/-25v. These small ICs need to get rid of a bunch of heat from the TO-220 package. I wouldn't push them beyond +/- 18 volt with 4 Ohm loads or +/-23 volts with 8 Ohm loads. They should be bolted directly to a heatsink of sufficient size with 5mm or more backplane.

As a matter of fact, i myself is having TDA2050 amp to assemble. i had finished the layout on a general purpose PCB, but still to do connections. Not finding time for that.

Circuit is same as available in datasheet. picture is shown in attachment.
layout is simple, left side is signal input & feedback, center contains power supply caps and right side is output with zobal network. Simple.

Attachments

• 100_6426.JPG
    100_6426.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 173
Normally i have seen that DIYaudio is little more biased for LM series chips.

TDA series is cheap and easily available in my city. At my start-up stage, I played lot-off TDA series TDA2030,TDA2050,TDA7265,TDA7294 etc. Now I am playing LM series, its a matter of test which one is sounding best. LM1876 is good sounding chip for me. But I could not live long with it, because of low power.

In my city I have seen most of the cheap audio systems uses TDA2030 some of 5.1 system sounds really good. I always wanted to know how they produce such a bass from TDA2030 bridge, as well as treble also not bad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.