[Animo] Sure Electronics TK2050 1x100W amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe some people know that Sure Electronics has great amplifiers,based on a TK2050, for a very decent price. This is a 2x100W amplifier that's performs very well.

I was wondering if people are interested in a 1x100W amplifier (mono).
Together with a SMPS power supply (eg Meanwell) you have a low cost, high efficient and high performing subwoofer amplifier. Less heat, but power enough to drive a subwoofer to its limits.

The 2x100W version is around $40,-, so I hope the 1x100W will be around $30,- or so.

So any interest?

is TK2050 a chipamp?
If so, then it can't do 100W. That is fiction.

It looks like it is a 42W into 8r0 amplifier if you can supply >=30Vdc when under full load without exceeding 36Vdc in any other operating condition.

Who would be interested in a 42W digital amplifier when one can get a real 100W more cheaply?

The TK2050 can do at least 100W @ 4ohm when bridged................

So it's NO fiction, but reality!
the datasheet says it can do 100W into 4r0 when paralleled. That is still a 50W into 8r0 amplifier. But this too is a lie.
The best it can achieve in parallel mode is shown in the graphs as 84W into 4r0.
The equivalent of 42W into 8r0 as stated in my first reply and with the conditions that must be met to achieve even that maximum power.

The sub forum is Chipamp, Maybe a little bit confusing.
But indeed it's a Class-D chipamp.

But the point is not to discuss it, but if people are interested in a class-d chip that can deliver 95W @ 4ohm 1% THD.
According to this datasheet:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/Tripath/mXqxyrq.pdf

And YEs that would be half the power in 8ohm. Not really a surprise and no lies.
Also the 100W is correct is you look at the 10% THD. (most amplifiers are rated at that amount of 10%)

So I really don't see what the problem is?

Last edited:
So then Sony caught a fish thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big.

Also the 100W is correct is you look at the 10% THD.

Emphatically no.

That 10% jive is how you can get 1000w Samsung 5.1 in a box that weighs 45lbs with speakers, sub and a 5 disc carousel on board. And it's what's wrong with the electronics industry. There should be a standardized baseline for measuring power output, I'm sorry.

No proper hi-fi advertises power ratings from 10%THD Such a thing would be an absurdity. In the case of the Sony boombox whose only laurels are it's grotesque appearance and an over-inflated claim of gusto then yes, 10% THD is the norm. But for any such thing not sold at Wal-Mart or Asda then no.

Half a percent THD is clearly audible on a pure tone. 10% ?!!?!? Madness. What good would 100 watts be when you're wincing from distort.

Reputable hi-fi firms (for those with no time for diy) measure total power output at below 1%, usually below 1/2%.

I'm sorry for the tangent but it's just a sore point for me. People always huffing and puffing about their 1500 watt surround sounds, ten billion watt bose micro-systems and car stereos generating the power of a Saturn V rocket...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.