lm3886 no mute

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
found my mistake, using a 30-0-30 tranny. puts it at the edge of it's limits. Will downgrade to a 20-0-20 tranny.
One more question....
I don't want stereo - can I connect the inputs and outputs of two chimpamps and get double the watts? Stupid question, but I'm here to learn. And do they both need seperate power supplies or can they use just 1 or will there be sag unless the tranny can supply enough amps?

Last edited:
Hi,
what's the sensitivity and recommended power input for each of the 12inch (4ohm?) drivers?

As a first guess for PA duty, you'll need a lot more than two of the CPU coolers to keep 4, 6, or 8 chipamps cool.

A pair of parallel chipamps set up for 130W maximum output, driving a single 12inch will probably need at least one of those cpu coolers in passive mode. You might get away with two sets of parallel chipamps to one cooler if the sink has a big effective fan on it.

Last edited:
do you realise that you can series connect a pair of 4ohm drivers to give an 8ohm load and then drive that from a 60W into 8ohm chipamp?
If you build up two of these systems then you get the full 120W into your speakers.
No need to parallel any of your chipamps.

A simpler alternative;
Power each 4ohm driver with it's own 40W into 4ohm chipamp, giving a total input capability of 160W.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.