What's a good amp for the ZMV5's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building the ZMV5's and I'd like to know about a good amp I can get for around $50-60 shipped. I am willing to build my own, but not design one.

Don't bother answering this if you can't provide me with a good amp..that's all I'm really looking for:

Why do people design DIY speakers with passive crossover systems instead of active systems?

I don't want this thread to focus on that.

Also, please be objective in this case. Personal opinions can and will confuse people in this case.

kizm0 said:
I am building the ZMV5's and I'd like to know about a good amp I can get for around $50-60 shipped.
With that budget you should try to find a good used amp on ebay.
A decent DIY amplifier will end up somewhere between 100 $ and 200 $ and that is without even going for a stylish enclosure and esoteric components.

kizm0 said:
Why do people design DIY speakers with passive crossover systems instead of active systems?
In most cases the passive version has the edge in price, design skill requirement and space requirement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.