LM3886 stereo - PCB design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to build a stereo amplifier using two LM3886 chips on the same pcb. They 'll be connected to a preamp so there is one signal ground for both channels.
My question is: Should there be only one signal ground point on pcb for both channels or each channel should have its own (in that case I 'll have to split the input ground so they will be connected too)?
Signal ground(s) will be also connected to main ground (star point) probably by 10 ohms resistors.
I 'm trying to avoid ground loop so please give me some advice.

Thanks, RazoR_x

Hi,
you will have two signals entering your two channel PCB.
Each signal consists of a flow and return, demanding a minimum of a two wire connection.

Keep the signal two wire connection for BOTH Signals.

Keep the signal routing separate from the power routing and from the speaker routing.
Remember all currents flow in circuits. They MUST have a flow and return route or it cannot be a circuit.

Once you identify the return routes for all the circuits you can analyse the effect of sharing the same return route for different currents.
Basically I'm saying don't share one return route for different currents, just like you would not share one flow route for different currents.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.